What is the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair? | Review and Video Proof!
I am sure that if you are a pet owner, you have asked yourself this question at one point or another. We love our pets and we want to keep our home nice and clean for our family. Family includes our pets without a doubt!
Some vacuums specialize in cleaning up pet hair. These vacuums have specialized tools and a powerful suction.
When I speak of pet hair, I am talking about literally any type of pet hair:
- Dog Hair
- Cat Hair
- Ferret Hair
- Rabbit Hair
- Hamster Hair
- Any type of pet hair long or short!
America spends billions of dollars on vacuum cleaners every year. There are so many options that choosing the right vacuum can be overwhelming! Why not get the right vacuum on the first try? That is where we can help you!
At DogFootballJersey.com, we love our pets with all of our heart. They are our babies. We love your pets too! We love all animals! That is why we take this so seriously. Your home can be comfy, clean and cozy so you can focus on loving your pet with no worries.
Pet hair all over beds, couches and floors will not be a concern any longer. You clean up after yourself, let’s make it easy for you to clean up after your pet too! I am all for making life more simple so we can focus on matters of the heart! More time to love on your Fur Babies, less time on cleaning. 🙂
It is our pleasure to bring you the information that you need to make the right choice for a pet vacuum for your home!
Pets are hairy and they shed. They cannot help it. They were born that way! And, let’s not forget, their hair is part of what makes them so cuddly and snuggly.
You don’t have to get frustrated at pet hair anymore. We have found the very best vacuums for all types of pet hair long or short. These vacuums have been thoroughly tested and have been chosen to be the best vacuums for pet hair based on intensive studies.
These vacuums will vacuum up pet hair in a variety of places!
- Pet sleeping areas
- Couches or Furniture (with attachments)
- Stairs (with attachments)
- Pretty much anywhere in your home!
So, with all of that being said, let’s take a close look at each vacuum. This will help you decide which one is the best for your home. Your pet will love you for it!
The Vacuums Below Have Been Thoroughly Tested
How was the testing done?
Employees from Reviewed Labs volunteered to bring pet hair from their pets from home. These vacuums were tested directly on real pet hair and their ability to clean up the pet hair.
These vacuums were each thoroughly tested by Reviewed Labs who have years of experience testing vacuums. And, yes, they were tested by real people who are experienced in testing various types of vacuums.
Reviewed Labs has found the best vacuum from each category. You can pick from any of these categories. It is your own personal choice which type of vacuum suits your lifestyle the best:
- the best Upright canister vacuum for pet hair – Shark Rotator Power Lift Away Vacuum
- the best cordless stick vacuum for pet hair – LG Cordzero A9 Ultimate Cordless Stick Vacuum
- the best robot vacuum for picking up pet hair – Neato Robotics D7 Connected Laser Guided Robot Vacuum
These vacuums were tested on the following criteria:
- How well does the vacuum pick up dirt?
- How well does the vacuum clean pet hair off of of carpets and furniture?
- How does this vacuum handle overall?
Well, let’s get right down to it. Below are the details on each of the best vacuums for pet hair.
Best Overall Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair
- Vacuum weighs 17 lbs but powerful suction to clean up pet hair
- The dust cup capacity is 1.5 quarts. The canister detaches to deep clean hard to reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brush spinning
- Complete with Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology. Has a HEPA filter to trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Complete with a XL capacity with full size performance
- Effortless fingertip controls allow you to easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet mode
Both the main brush head and the motorized attachment completely excelled at picking up cat and dog hair. It is super easy to switch between cleaning the floor and furniture. This vacuum allows you to more easily clean stairs and under furniture with its attachments.
Best Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair
- 16 minutes of cordless cleaning time on high until it needs recharging. 80 minutes of cordless cleaning time on low.
- Power Punch nozzle removes embedded hairs easily.
- Comes with a soft head so you can also use it on hardwood floors and surfaces without scratching them. This feature is great for cleaning kitty litter too!
- Requires two batteries. Comes equipped with two rechargeable, detachable superior batteries that let you clean and charge at the same time.
- Easily store and charge anywhere, anytime. No need to drill holes into your wall.
- Turn the vacuum on and off or change power levels with the touch of a thumb.
- Removable Filters for Easy Maintenance. Easy to maintain removable and washable filters. This extends the life of your vacuum.
- Vacuum deep cleans hidden dust. The Power Punch nozzle delivers vibrations that uncover hidden dust that may be embedded in items such as mattresses, sofas, and chairs.
Having a cordless vacuum makes it super easy to get every last bit of pet hair.
This cordless vacuum even allows you to set up a permanent charging station. It comes with a stand and a wall-mount. Keep the vacuum in the charging station and it will be fully charged when you are ready to use. It also comes with 2 removable and rechargeable batteries. This charge allows you to get 16 minutes of cleaning time on high. You will get 80 minutes of cleaning time on low.
This cordless vacuum comes with a Power Punch nozzle which is perfect for removing embedded and stubborn hairs.
Best Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair
- The wide head allows it to pick up tough pet hair without getting clogged.
- The shape of this Robot Vacuum allows it to get into hard to reach places.
- Round robots cannot reach corners. Corners are where the worst dirt hides.
- Cleans hard wood floors and thick carpet.
- Complete vacuuming at the touch of a button.
- Features laser-guided mapping. The D7 technology intelligently navigates and maps your home. It cleans in straight lines instead of a random pattern for a more thorough clean.
- Great for carpets, hardwood, kitchen tiles. Powerful on every surface.
- Neato has a 70% larger brush than leading round robots. This effectively removes more pet hair
- Integrates with Alexa, Google Home, Echo and smart home systems
- Lithium Ion Battery that allows 120 minutes of cleaning time. It is designed to cover the whole house.
With this smart Robot Vacuum, you can even set up No Go lines where you do not want your Robot Vacuum to go.
The Neato Robot Vacuum is 4 inches tall which may prevent it from cleaning underneath things that it cannot get underneath.
We hope you have enjoyed our review on the best vacuums for pet hair.
Don’t forget that also brushing your pet on a regular basis helps with pet hair too. Brushing is also a special bonding time for pets and their owners.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below!
We love all animals!
Lots of Love!